How Upriver assisted a leading apparel exporter launch an online first fashion brand in 2 months
- The client, a leading exporter of women’s fashion apparel engaged Upriver to assist in conceptualization and launch of a mid-priced online first fashion brand.
- The client wanted to leverage the left over fabrics from export orders to create trendy garments, while maintaining a low manufacturing cost.
- The client had earlier also tried to launch on Amazon and Flipkart, so the accounts on the marketplaces already existed. However the client had no access to the accounts nor had any credentials. Also the accounts were in a suspended state.
- Having no experience of retail, client had little understanding of what sells on the marketplaces.
- Reinstating the accounts: Upriver team did extensive follow-up with the marketplace teams to get the accounts reinstated, after completing all paperwork.
- Category Research & Online Strategy Development: The Upriver team did a detailed category research, competitor benchmarking, product and price analysis. The team created a detailed go-to-market strategy for the brand.
- Marketplace onboarding: Upriver team was given the mandate to quickly onboard the brand on new fashion focussed marketplaces. We were successful in negotiating 3%-4% better margins than what the client team was able to independently negotiate with the client, thereby improving profitability from the first day of engagement.
- Launch & Scale up: Upriver assisted the client in launching the brand in record time and in quickly scaling up in terms of revenue. In a matter of 6 months the client was able to achieve sales upwards of Rs 10 Lacs per month.