How Upriver increased the sales of a Handbags brand by 260% on marketplaces, in a six month period
- The client is an importer of a well-known London based accessories brand.
- The client had started selling online through marketplaces but had limited success on marketplaces except Myntra.
- The client didn’t have a dedicated team to successfully handle the multiple marketplaces.
- The primary objective of engagement was to onboard on potential marketplaces, increase sales and maintain profitability while scaling advertising spends.
- Low catalogue visibility and high product pricing. Competition with an established brand name, selling in the same price range and hence more preferred by the shoppers.
- Low ROI on ad campaigns eating up profitability.
- Very few customer reviews and ratings. Lack of social proofing.
- Lack of expertise of operating on marketplaces like Ajio, Nykaa and similar fashion platforms.
- Focus on Profitability: Identified pricing sweet spot by launching multiple ad campaigns and A/B testing each campaign at different prices.
- Marketplace onboarding: Upriver team was given the mandate to quickly onboard the brand on major fashion marketplaces. We were successful in negotiating 3%-4% better margins than what the client team was able to independently negotiate with the client, thereby improving profitability from the first day of engagement.
- Advertising & Promotions: Opted-in for relevant promotional campaigns across major platforms based on specific parameters to further boost visibility and aid in higher ROI on ad campaigns. Given that the brand had history of advertising on the platform, Upriver team utilised the same to further divide the products across campaigns on the basis of views, clicks & conversion rates.
- Customer Ratings & Reviews: Upriver used its proprietary tools to facilitate/ request customer ratings and review, in sync with Amazon guidelines.