How Upriver increased CTR and Conversion Rate for a Personal Care & Beauty brand through Image Optimization and Videos.
- A large manufacturer of skincare brands launched his own private label to compete with the likes of Mamaearth, Wow Skin Science etc.
- High impressions but low clicks led to muted conversions.
- Primary Image: While the client was selling combo packs, the first image only shows one item, which doesn‘t give the shopper an understanding of the combo of products sold. Also the client had very few images loaded on the product page.
- Missing information: The pictures show very limited product information; no ingredients, usage method, benefits etc. For the category being sold, these are vital pieces of information.
- Bundle Image and Packaging: Upriver communicated the details of the combo in the first image, therefore providing clarity to the shoppers about what they will get.
- Additional Available Images: Upriver also added more images about individual products. Used available mood and instruction images to make the product more interesting for the customer. Used relevant generic keywords to emphasize the product’s benefits and functions.
- Back Label Image: Allowed shoppers to have an experience that mimics shopping in store, and made information on ingredients, shelf life, manufacturer and product application easily accessible.
- Videos: Added brand and product usage videos to further entice the shoppers. The videos highlighted what the customers pain points were and how the products addressed their needs.
- The brand experienced a 10% jump in impressions, 100% jump in CTR% and 30% jump in conversions.