Ecommerce Consulting for D2C Brands
The ecommerce channel is hyper competitive and required a solid foundation and plan. We at Upriver, assist you strategize your online business, setting you up for success. Whether you are an existing brand, now wanting to launch and grow online, or a manufacturer or trader wanting to create an online first D2C brand, we support you end-to-end.
We provide you with unique strategies specific to your business needs, life-stage and sales goals. We continuously track the market and offer thought through solutions by defining opportunities that have the highest revenue and margins potential for you.
Given our experience of operating over a hundred D2C brands across sectors and use of industry leading tools like Helium 10 and Jungle Scout, we have a skill for understanding the demand – supply gaps in the market. Our team of consultants conducts a detailed analysis of your brand positioning, products, assortment, pricing, target customers, market segments, competitors and value chain to create a robust strategy to launch the brand and accelerate business revenues and margins.
We assist you:
- Conduct a digital shelf competitive analysis and estimate the potential for your brand
- Develop comprehensive ecommerce strategy with a well-defined roadmap for launch and growth, including phasing of e-channels
- Understand the unit economics of your products, keeping in mind key factors including marketplace fees, logistics, taxes, returns etc.
- Make elaborate projections on investments and expenses, to ensure that you have allocated the required resources
- Define internal capabilities required to manage and grow the ecommerce business.
- Identify and recommend agencies who you can partner with for various things on your ecommerce journey
We assist you to identify areas of quick wins and deliver a prioritised action plan that delivers profitable ecommerce growth, in a fast and efficient manner. You choose the channels that you want to include, and we provide a roadmap that is practical for your business. We ensure channel conflicts are minimized and sales are not cannibalized.
Our senior team has extensive experience in brand building, ecommerce and omnichannel retail and have been part of some of the leading brand’s conceptualization, launch and growth phases.
Why do we need a strategy?
E-commerce is extremely competitive and each channel has its own nuances. It is imperative to have a thought through strategy, else you will end up with sub optimal results and high spends. Understanding which channels offer a good market for your product, detailed research and analysis of the market, competitors, products, prices channel cost etc. will help us evaluate which channels will work best for your brand.
“The account managers at Upriver are courteous and professional. They helped in delivering a smooth onboarding experience and deployed the right strategies to kickstart a new brand like us on Amazon. Their consultative approach and knowledge helped us immensely in launching our online brand.”
Owner, Karigiri In Style